Sunday, February 22, 2009

What a Goof Ball!!

Josh is really good friends with our neighbor Shae. They like to hang out alot, but yesterday was just too funny. So Shae comes over and (just like little kids) they had a snack and were trying to figure out what to do. I got a good giggle from listening to their ideas of things to do... go ride bikes, play video games, go try to find somewhere to hike or the last (and best of all) go race. Yeah that's right, and that is what they decided to do first. So they finished stuffing their faces with their snack (peach cobbler) tighten their shoes and belts then saunter out into the garage, heading out to the great race. Just for fun I asked what they were up to, I was in another room and I don't think they knew I was listening to them. Josh got that big old grin he gets on his face when he is up to no good and said they were headed outside to race. He very confidently and manlyish said he was going to kick Shae's butt. "So where is this race happening and WHY are you racing anyway?" trying to hold a laugh back, I asked. His reply - "Out in the steet and because we want to." Ok then! So out they went and I scooted my chair to the nearest window to watch the whole thing go down. Ah... it was so funny to watch - you would have thought they were 10 years old again not 27 and 35! Shae works out a lot more than Josh does so my bet was actually going against my hubby, I know what a supportive wife right?!?!? But I was right on. Their faces were set dead serious when they started and a whole like 15 seconds later it was all over, with Shae fifty feet in front of Josh. No long distance runs for them - basically it was the distance between their driveway and ours. And so the "great" race had ended and they were back in the house only a minute later, huffing and puffing, yet by the looks on their faces it's like they had climbed Mt. Everest or something. Josh says he is going to beat him next time... we'll see! Lol

1 comment:

Chelsea Ellingson said...

That is too funny! I saw the whole thing happen in my head as you described it. You should have taken a picture, that would have been hilarious.