Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!


It is halloween night and I am having fun handing out candy to trick-or-treaters! When we first moved here I got a call the day before halloween from Josh and he was like, is it halloween today because there are kids everywhere going trick or treating(downtown Buckeye where he works). We found out later that Buckeye has a tradition of trick or treating the night before Halloween and then the town puts on a huge Halloween Carnival. I think that is such a fun tradition, but it kind of sounds like it might be dying out because of all the new people, like us that have moved in over the past couple years, cause when J called me last night he said he didn't see hardly any kids out. That is kind of sad, and I think it is just because most of the people that have moved here, like us, just don't know about it. If I was still a kid I would be all about two days of halloween! Anyway, I didn't even decorate this year, because I am trying to get ready for moving, but I was looking through some photos and found a couple pics of the pumpkins we carved last year. That was so fun,ahhh...good memories!

This was Josh's...

This was mine...

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

ooh, I love the pumpkins ;)